8.9.14

My Wedding Day Makeup

Wedding Makeup

In commemoration of our wedding anniversary this past weekend I thought about sharing a post on my wedding makeup. I did my own makeup on the day and even though the products I used weren't the fanciest out there, they helped me achieve the look I was going for and that's what counts. Some of these products' packaging has changed but instead of hoarding it for years I thought of taking a picture of it all and letting go of the products that are no longer usable.

Face
As a base I used a mattifying moisturiser (Simple Spotless Skin Anti-Blemish Moisturiser) to prevent shine and smooth my skin. Normally I don't wear foundation but wanted my skin to look better on my wedding day, so I used Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation to even out my skin tone. To conceal marks and blemishes I used No 7 Concealer stick. On my cheeks I used The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink* to add some long lasting colour. To set everything I used a pressed powder by Witch, applied with an Ecotools brush.

Eyes
To conceal the under eye area I used foundation. I wing-lined my eyes with the Collection Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner in black to ensure it would last all day, then curled my lashes with the La Cross Double Curl Eyelash Curler and applied a couple coats of the Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Flared Mascara* in black. On the inner corners of my eyes I used the shimmery shade on the top left of the MUA Heaven and Earth palette to highlight. 

Lips 
For the ceremony in the morning I used Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 03 as it is a lovely nude colour suitable for day; and for the reception in the evening I used The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink and then layered Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple* on top for added intensity. 

Have you tried any of these products?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)